The University of Alberta is honored to announce the launch of the Golden Bell Jar Graduate scholarship in Physics for the academic year 2022-2023. Students interested in the field of Physics can apply for the Spring/Summer term.
Canadian and international students are both offered this scholarship by the University of Alberta for any masters or doctoral programme undertaken at the Department of Physics. The scholarship award of $18,000 will be awarded to the selected candidates for up to 3 years of study.
Aim and Benefits of University of Alberta Postgraduate Scholarship
The selected students will be provided a scholarship amount of $18,000, renewable for up to 3 years, to cover the cost of their Master of Doctoral study at the University of Alberta.
Requirements for University of Alberta Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Department of Physics at the University of Alberta
- Nominee must be entering their program
- Nominee will be chosen on the basis of academic performance
- Preference will be given to foreign students
- This scholarship is renewable for up to three years, subject to review each year
- In nominating a nominee for the scholarship, the department may take financial need into consideration
- Open to Canadian citizens.
- Open to permanent residents.
- Open to foreign nationals holding Canadian study permits.
- Open to applicants in doctoral programs.
- Open to applicants in masters programs.
- Open to applicants in course-based study programs.
- Open to applicants in thesis-based study programs.
How to Apply
By nomination only. Students should contact their department for details on their application process. Nominations are submitted to FGSR by the Department (or Faculty). The Graduate Scholarship Committee makes the final decision.