If you are an outstanding academic achiever and wish to study abroad, then you can apply for the Faculty Scholarships at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University for the academic year 2021-2022.
High achieving and outstanding international students are eligible to apply for this application . Local students from Hong Kong are also eligible. This scholarship is offered by the Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies and the Department of English of the Faculty of Humanities at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Established in 1937, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the metropolis of Hong Kong (population range of over 5,000,000 inhabitants). Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Education Bureau, Hong Kong SAR, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 82 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on students’ past academic record and grades. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Hong Kong and all countries are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All bachelor’s and master’s degree courses and subjects under the Faculty of Humanities are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The students must have a relevant degree in the chosen field of study.
- The students are required to hold exceptional academic merit.
The selected students will be provided with financial assistance and concession in tuition fees or any other payable amount from the university for the duration of the chosen course of study.
- How to Apply: The students must apply online through the university’s official portal and carry out the application process. The accepted student with the best academic merit and interview performance will be considered for this application .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit the following documents:
- Photocopies of all high school certificates and transcripts.
- A proper description of the statement of purpose.
- A proper portfolio in subjects like Fashion and Textile
- Admission Requirements: The students should have attained a minimum SAT score of 1650, ACT score of 24, an IB score of 24 overall, and GCE Advanced Level passed in 3AL or 2AL.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to submit scores of the following English language proficiency:
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT- 550
- IELTS – 6