To assist international students in Japan, Tohoku University is proud to announce the President Fellowships for the academic year 2021-2022.
The programme is available for international students who wish to pursue a fellowship at Tohoku University. Students from all countries are eligible to apply.
About the University
Tohoku University is a Japanese national university that is internationally recognized for its outstanding standards in education and research. It strives to create the next generation of leaders through academic excellence and inspiring innovative research.
Why study at Tohoku University? The university is committed to the “Research First” principle. It continues to find ways to improve lives worldwide by grooming the next generation of leaders and arming them with the most innovative technology that the world’s best research teams can produce. Tohoku University rose to meet the global standards of education and research. It ensures that the student gets a very personalized learning environment. The university possesses an active and highly engaged faculty, and that transforms into results.
Application Deadline: Mid-July, 2021
- University or Organization: Tohoku University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowships
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all countries are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Fellowship programme.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled and accepted in any fellowship programme at Tohoku University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to browse through the fellowship programmes available and apply to the desired courseonline.
- Upon acceptance, the applicants can seek guidance from the desired faculty or graduate school to apply for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students must provide the following documents to the university:
- Motivation letter
- Graduate certificate
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to hold a supporting undergraduate degree with above-average grades.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have attained minimum required scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEIC – 730
- CAE – Grade C
The university will help the selected applicants by covering a particular portion of their total payable tuition fee for the duration of the chosen course of study.