Founded in 1896, Clarkson University is a non-profit private higher education institution located in the suburban setting of the medium-sized town of Potsdam (population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants), New York. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Schenectady, Beacon, New York City. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Clarkson University (Clarkson) is a small (uniRank enrollment range: 4,000-4,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Clarkson University (Clarkson) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 123 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 60-70% making this US higher education organization a somewhat selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Graduate Assistantship in Civil (Geotechnical) Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Candidates ready to undertake experimental and numerical work within our team. Background in Soil-Structure Interaction, Geotechnical Engineering for Cold Regions, and Offshore Geotechnics is very much appreciated.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate independent research and scientific reporting skills. Communication skills and teamwork attitude are a big plus.
Clarkson Graduate School will provide the salary for high-potential applicants in the USA for the academic year 2021-2022.
- How to Apply: To grasp the opportunity, applicants have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Submit 3* letters of recommendation – provide us with the contact information for 3 people, preferably current or former faculty members or former supervisors who can send us a recommendation on your academic and/or professional performance and motivation.
- All collegiate transcripts;
- Resume or CV
- A short, 250-500 word personal statement telling us why you want to attend Clarkson University and why you think you are a good fit for your program of interest
- Admission Requirements: MS in civil engineering; experience in laboratory/field testing and numerical modelling; programming skills.
- Language Requirement: Candidates have to submit TOEFL or IELTS test scores.